Personal data includes all information relating to the user such as:
- E-mail address
- First and last name
- Shipping addresses and invoices
- Credit cards information
It is a legal statement explaining how the business owner uses the data collected from users, the mechanism by which such data will be processed and why.
This Agreement is also defined under other terms, including:
- Privacy Note
- Privacy Statement
- Privacy Page
- Notice: The entity collecting the personal data (whether an individual or a company) should indicate to users what you intend to do with the data before collecting it.
- Choice: The companies collecting data should respect users’ desires and choices regarding the information they wish to provide, and the degree of privacy that this information will enjoy.
- Access: Users should be able to see or investigate the accuracy of personal data collected by the company.
- Security: The company is fully responsible for safeguarding collected personal data (by saving the data properly and restricting unauthorized parties and persons from accessing it).
- Blogs or any other platforms
- E-commerce stores
- Desktop applications
- Digital products
In addition, you should disclose any other parties collecting personal data on your behalf.
Following are some information you can include:
- Data Collection and processing section: This section is the most important part of the entire agreement, in which you need to inform users of the nature of the personal data you collect and how this data will be used.
- Access Data Disclosure Section: This section is intended to inform users that some data is collected automatically by the web browsers they use, the web servers used by the person collecting the data, IP addresses, different types of browsers (Firefox, Chrome), and other pages the users visit.
- Security Section: This section provides users with assurance that their personal data is well protected. However, you should indicate in the Document that there is no 100% secure method.