The Wages Protection System (WPS) is a comprehensive electronic system to monitor and document the processing of workers’ wages at establishments subject to Labor Law No. (14) of 2004, with the aim of ensuring that employers are committed to systematically processing wage payments in a timely manner pursuant to the rules and conditions provided for in the Labor Law.
General objectives of WPS:
- Protecting workers against manipulation of their financial dues.
- Enhancing security and stability in the country by providing a safe working environment.
- Promoting the principle of human rights in the State of Qatar.
- Allowing workers and employers to avoid storing cash at the workplace, which may be subject to loss or theft.
- Enabling the Ministry of Labor to continuously review employee-related data and to compare it with the ministry’s data to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Labor Law.
- Reducing legal disputes between parties as well as wasted effort and time.
- Assisting the judiciary in issuing judgments and resolving disputes related to workers’ entitlements.
For more information about WPS and how it works, please visit the website of the Ministry of Development, Labor and Social Affairs through the link below: